Anju-in is the main institute temple of the Mikai-san Zenko-ji temples.
Zenko-ji temples were founded in A.D.745-756(the Nara-period) by Houon-daishi.
Houon-daishi is a famous buddhis priest in ancient Nara city.
Forty-eight temples of Bizen-area are established by him...
There are at southeast in Okayama prefecture.
Thereafter, there were different historic processes in these temples.
Zenko-ji temples were refounded in A.D.907(the Heian-period) by buddhist monk Shobo.
He is the great master of buddhist priest in Daigo-ji of Kyoto.
Next,they were reconstructed in A.D.1395(the Muromachi-period) by buddhist monk Zoun.
But,in A.D.1478(the Sengoku-priod) these buildings except Niou-mon were destroyed by fire.
The hondo of Anju-in was reconstructed in A.D1600.(the AzuchiMomoyama-period) by the lord of new Okayama-jo castle(Hideaki Kobayakawa-ko).
In the Zenko-ji,there were 10 or more temples, in the Edo-period.
And these were the prominent leaders in okayama shingon-shu temples in Sengoku-period and Edo-period, under the patronage of the lord of Okatyama-jo castle(Ukita-ko,Kobayakawa-ko,Ikeda-ko).
The honzon of Anju-in is senju-kannonbosatsu.
Legend has it say that the honzon was made by Houon-daishi.
He found the spiritual shiny wood in sea at Hirai-hama.
And now, there are many historic monumennts in this Anju-in temple.
|Address||3-1-29 Kunitomi, Naka-ku, Okayama, Okayama 703-8236, Japan|